PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Back-to-school organization

I completed this project after pinning it awhile back.

(Please note:  The idea and credit links here.  The original woman who thought of this is an organizing genius and actually sells the children's calenders in her etsy shop.  I was trying to be frugal and I came up with my own.  )

To create a back-to-school organizing wall I bought one of these frames for each child. I bought the frames at IKEA.  I chose plexiglass instead of glass for safety issues and it works just as well as a dry erase board.

I just kind of eyeballed where to place everything.  I wanted each one to have the child's name, a weekly to-do and monthly calendar, a notes section, and a place to hang important papers from school.  I covered the backs of the frames with brown craft paper and used a glue stick to adhere the paper.


Then I put it back under the plexiglass and it's a great way for each child to know what they are doing each day of the week.

 
With four kids in different activities, three different schools, and stacks of paperwork for each child, this has really worked out well (for all of us).
 
 
 

 
We are running low on wall space around here, so I am getting more creative with it.
This hallway is down the kids hall and it may not be the prettiest thing, but it definitely serves its purpose well!  :)



Photobucket

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this and pinned it. :) Thanks for sharing!

Joy said...

Great idea! You did a good job!

Unknown said...

What a great idea! I love the backpacks hanging underneath!

sara said...

Super cute and organized!

Wanda said...

You are one super creative, talented woman! Love your ideas and your creativity! God has certainly blessed you.

Wanda said...

You are one super creative, talented woman! Love your ideas and your creativity! God has certainly blessed you.

erika trautman said...

This is awesome - thanks for sharing! I've been trying to come up with one of my own after seeing the command center on the other site and being too cheap to buy them ;)