PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, November 20, 2009

Without further ado...

The native americans obviously didn't get a lot of attention in our schools this year. Let me introduce you to the pilgrims!


Lucky Logan didn't get a costume this year. I guess in fourth grade it's not obilgatory in school anymore!:)
They are pretty cute pilgrims though, right?

What are your plans for Thanksgiving this year? I'm hosting and cooking this year, with a little bit of a pot-luck theme going on. As you can see our decorations are a mix of homemade and storebought. My favorite is the paper bag turkey.
We started our gratitude tree tree this week. I used leftover ribbon and paper from this project. I had the glass vase and just placed the twig in it and filled it with clear glass marbles. Every night we all write on the paper leaves.
I'm sort of partial to some of the gratitude.;)
Our turkey day menu:
Starting with salami, cream cheese, and green olive rolls, a veggie tray, cranberry pineapple minis, and a cheese and cracker platter
  • Orange-Rosemary Roasted Turkey and orange-rosemary gravy
  • Garlicky mashed potatoes with thyme
  • Squash Casserole
  • Green bean casserole
  • Sweet potato casserole
  • pearl onions
  • cole slaw
  • rolls (would love to make some homemade but not sure it's gonna happen)

Pies: Pumpkin, Sour Cream Apple, and a chocolate surprise
What about you? Are you cooking this year? Are you nervous or excited? I think I'm both!

3 comments:

A Little Of A Lot said...

Sounds wonderful.
Do you have a bread machine ? If so I have the best recipe for bread rolls and they can be made in no time

Patti Erickson said...

Love your gratitude tree. We'll be making this as being grateful is something that we are always working on. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I love all the decorations! The food sounds wonderful! BUT most of all I love the pilgrims! Love MIMi