PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Tutorial-Miniature Stuffed Candy Corns

It may still be in the upper 80's here, but I'm pretending it's Fall. I got all my Fall Decs out of the attic last night. I got inspired today to make a new Fall project.
And since they turned out pretty cute, I thought you might want to make some. But you have to promise me that you'll show me yours if you make any:)
Step 1: Draw out a piece of candy corn. (or download a template from Google) Cut it out and trace it on some muslin. Leave enough room for two, so you can sew them together.
Step 2: Slip a piece of cardboard under the muslin and then paint your candy corn. I just used regular acrylic craft paint.
Step 3: Make as many as you want. I only made five. Now I wish I had made a lot more. Let them dry completely.
Step 4: Coffee stain them. The longer you let them soak, the darker they will be. I think I would have liked mine a little darker.
Step 4: After they completely dry, I used some brown paint with a dry brush to kind of age it a little more.
Step 5: Okay, this is a little embarrassing, but I didn't have any polyfil. So I used good ol'cotton balls. Lay them on top of the back of your candy corn.
Step 6: Lay another piece of muslin on top of that and pin it.
Step 7: Straight stitch it all the way around. Cut the shape out, leaving about 1/4" of muslin outside of the stitch line. You're done!
Do you want to see where I put mine?
This pretty wooden bowl is filled with some faux moss rocks, and a cute new acorn I found at Joanne's on sale.
I think I may make them again and make a long candy corn banner. That would be cute, huh?

I'm participating in Kimba's DIY this week. I hope you enjoyed the tutorial!:)

22 comments:

sara said...

Love the candy corns!!!! They would make the cutest garland!

Helen Joy said...

I'm really not into fall decor, but this is so cute! Very simple and cute and not scary!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I agree with Sara's comment about garland. I just love candy corn of any kind... cute cute!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

These are cute - super cute. I also agree with the garland idea.

Kim's Treasures said...

Too cute!

ohAmanda said...

so adorable! i think the banner would be SUPER cute!

Jill said...

TOO CUTE!!!!
Thanks for sharing!
Blessings!
Jill

Candace said...

Super Cute! So, maybe you can post the garland next week? Haha!

Beth Anderson said...

Adorable!

Shawna said...

I just discovered your blog and I am in love already! I have found several projects I can't wait to try.

Heidi said...

That is so funny! I just made some yesterday out of burlap for a super grungy look. If I could find the battery for my camera I would take a picture for you. Your candy corn turned out super cute!

Its So Very Cheri said...

Those are so cute and would look cute with my pumpkin I made last night.
Tonight is the cut off for the Celebrating Home give-a-way.

Come on over.

Cheri

~Kimberly said...

I made some last fall and love them too! I think the banner/garland would be way cute!

Carrie said...

Oh, really. Those are too cute....

I'm lovin' the garland idea!

Anonymous said...

so cute and clever!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Those are adorable!!

Jill@Barnes Yard said...

So fun! I love these!
-Jill

Quiltpiecer said...

Love them and look easy enough that I can do them! They must be crying out to be made into a garland because that's the first thought that came to my mind too ... need to go out & get me some paint to make them! Thanks for sharing!

Marie said...

Hello Chrissie Grace - oh my, what absolutely adorable candy corn you've made! I love how you coffee stained the fabric. So cute. Are you planning to sell any?

Blessings,
Marie
http://emmacallsmemama.com

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

Way TOO cute! I love candy corn and I LOVE These! I am featuring this on SOmedaycrafts.blogspot.com Grab my "featured" button.

Anne said...

These are super cute!! I can see filling a large bowl with them.

I posted a link to your tutorial on Craft Gossip Sewing:
http://chrissiegrace.blogspot.com/2009/09/tutorial-miniature-stuffed-candy-corns.html
(link will go live October 2, 9:40 am CST)

--Anne

Anonymous said...

Virtual memory,to me, is something that I seemingly will never have enough of. It's as if megabytes and gigabytes have become an inseparable part of my every day existence. Ever since I bought a Micro SD Card for my NDS flash card, I've been on the constant lookout for large memory at low prices. It's driving me crazy.

(Posted from Nintendo DS running [url=http://knol.google.com/k/anonymous/-/9v7ff0hnkzef/1]R4i[/url] TF3)