PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Quilting Update and some random musings

I'm supposed to be blogging about our Quilting Week Four, but friends, I'm not ready.
I'm still sewing my hearts onto my muslin squares. I've got 20 left. Will you forgive me? I promise I will be up to speed next week and ready to move on.

So I decided on a very random post today. I'm all caught up in the first week of school happenings, deadlines for the new book, and stillllllllllll working on the house. (Door trim and doors are back up, now they need to be painted.)

How about a picture of some of my arts and crafts books? It's lovely isn't it? Sigh...
I heart books.

Sara is one of my daily reads and she showcased Meg today (awesome blog!), and that is where I found this really fun meme. (Just to add to the randomness of this post today)

What is your current obsession?
Quilting and thinking about all the hand-made gifts I'd like to make for Christmas this year

What is your weirdest obsession?
Whole wheat tortillas with hummus, cucumbers, and mandarin oranges for lunch.

What are you wearing today?
New York City ballet t-shirt and jean shorts

What's for dinner?
Grilled Cheese, Tomato Soup, and cut-up veggies with ranch dressing

What would you eat for your last meal?
Yellow curry with tofu from our local thai place

What's the last thing you bought?
Some quilting fabric from Joanne's

What are you listening to right now?
The playlist from Farmgirl Paints

What is your favorite ice-cream flavour?
Chocolate vanilla twist from TCBY (it's actually frozen yogurt)

If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?
Definitely on the beach

If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
The biggest Goodwill in the country

Which language do you want to learn?
I took French in high school and I don't remember anything.
It would be nice to know Spanish...

What's your favorite quote (for now)?
"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say "I used everything you gave me."
-Erma Bombeck

What is your favorite colour?
red and turquoise

What is your favorite piece of clothing in your own wardrobe?
Good fitting jeans

What is your dream job?
I have my dream job! Artist, author, mommy, and wife...all rolled into one!:)

What's your favourite magazine?
Where Women Create, Cloth Paper Scissors, Somerset Studios

If you had $100 now, what would you spend it on?
some new (to me) books

Do you admire any one's style?
I stumbled across Vanessa Christenson's blog a few weeks ago and fell in love with her style!

Describe your personal style?
Colorful, casual, clean

What are you going to do after this?
Play "store" with 2 of the kids and then get dinner made

What's your favourite fruit?
I love all fruit, really.

What inspires you?
Right now, people. What you other bloggers do never ceases to amaze me.
Going to church too. Our music is amazing and our Pastor leaves me feeling refreshed, renewed, recharged.

Your favorite book?
The Bible.
Redeeming Love.
The Color Purple.
The Simple Living Guide.
This list could go on forever...

Do you collect something ?
Hearts with wings

Happy Wednesday friends. I'm off to play "store".
xo
Chrissie

4 comments:

Kitt said...

So nice to get to know you, Chrissie! I love the quote from Erma Bombeck.

Pat n Fl said...

I have been visitng your blog from Southern Hospitality for several weeks but newver commented and have vistied your store befor but couldn't make up mind because all your things are so great. Commenting today for Joy's hope give away. I agree with your quote I don't want to have any talent left when I stand before God and I want to hear well done my good and faithful servant.

Quiltpiecer said...

I've been so busy these past couple of weeks that I am behind on the heart quilt, too. I'm still cutting my hearts so am glad for the break! I hope I can get some sewn onto the squares by next week ... look forward to the next step!

sara said...

This was a fun post! I would go to the biggest goodwill too- how fun!!!!