PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Inspiration

One of the main reasons I love blogging so much is because of the inspiration it provides me.
I came across these images last night from this blog:

Aren't they beautiful?
They inspired me to go back to this project. Remember it now? I went back and filled some of the backgrounds in with some cool papers. I covered an empty thread spool with paper too.
I went through my mixed-media stash and found the broken ceramic wing, the old, dirty bottle, the teeny tiny "G", and a key.

I'm not done, but that just leaves me room for more fun! I want to make a couple of things out of polymer clay: a cupcake, a cup of coffee, a mushroom.


I love being inspired. Thanks Julie!
Oh, and I have much much more to show you. Hopefully tomorrow!
xo
Chrissie

10 comments:

Little Dickens Designs said...

I love the one you made and the little corner it sits in. Nice way to display little bits of treasures you've found along the way.

Barefoot Studios Ok, LLC said...

I love these little things, especially the heart with wings and the painted heart with wings under it.

So sweet!

mysteryhistorymom said...

Chrissie- I love what you are doing! SOooo fun! What a find at the garage sale! Lori

sharon said...

Chrissie....I love this!! Can you come to my home and decorate?!!lol

Beth Anderson said...

They are fabulous, but I especially like the one you made!
Thanks for sharing and thanks for sharing your "she said" inspiration. Your she saids are one of the things that most draws me to your creative work.

Steph said...

So fun! Love all the colors, shapes, and textures. Both projecst are inspiring.

Jill said...

OH!!! LOVE your little "treasure box"!!! and thanks for sharing the inspiration!
Blessings!

Georgia Girl said...

Oh this is so why I am here at your blog...so many out here inspire me! I have a little trinket holder also but I love the painted look...looks like the spray paint is something I will have to pull out and update mine.

I actually bought some clay little birds that were so cute to put in a shadow box.

Jen Bowles said...

Hello there, I just found your blog via a link on Sara's Art House : ) What a lovely post, so many great ideas! I have 2 empty printer's trays just waiting for some attention. I love the idea of painting one of them white. The vignette of the corner in your home is just wonderful. Looking forward to browsing around your blog.
Cheers!

Infarrantly Creative said...

Look at you...you are filling it up a little bit at a time. it looks great.