PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, February 20, 2009

Flashback Friday

Hi! I cannot believe it's Friday again already. Does anyone else feel like time is at warp speed these days?:)





I have probably made over 100 of these mixed-media mosaic pieces. I start by cutting the letters out of clay, glazing, then firing them. I don't know if you can tell by the pictures, but they are three dimensional. Some parts are flat and painted, and others are tiled and grouted. I've made a lot of custom pieces like this, and they are always fun. Time consuming, but fun!

Thank you for all of your well wishes. We are getting back to the real world, catching up slowly...
I got out of the house last night and went to see Joyce Meyers. Have you ever been to any of her conferences?


She was very funny and uplifting, and I needed that.

I'm so glad I went.

I hope everyone is doing well. I'm trying to finish up a couple of custom orders and I've got a couple of tutorials to share next week as well. Have a great and HEALTHY weekend!!

xo,
Chrissie

3 comments:

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Hi there,
I'm so glad you left a comment on my Site today so I could come and visit yours. You are an amazing artist!!! I'm sure you have been told that hundreds of times, but I just wanted to add my compliment to all the rest out there.
I only have a few minutes, but I'm off to check out your other websites. I'll be back. : )

A Little Of A Lot said...

Love the mosaics.

I saw Joyce Meyers many years ago, she was funny and insightful, I left feeling like a new woman.
Did she have her daughter there speaking also ?
Glad you had a good time.

Christi said...

These pieces are beautiful. Where they a custom order or will you be selling them? They are stunning!