PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, January 30, 2009

Flashback Friday

It has been rainy and yucky here the last two days, so I haven't been able to get any new pictures. I thought I would show you some of my "older" pieces that have been in my archives. Let's call it Flashback Friday, and I think I'll do it for at least a few weeks. I've got 10 years worth of art pieces!

I started this piece in 2001, I think. It was big, and very heavy! I think it ended up being 5 feet high. It was my first attempt at mixed-media mosaics. It ended up being on the cover of a local newspaper magazine, and I sold it the very next day. "Love" is one of my all-time favorites...
I made this mixed-media mosaic mirror last year. A daddy had me make it for his daughter. He was very specific in all the things he wanted incorporated. I thought it was so sweet for a father to go to all that trouble for his daughter. It was one of my favorite custom orders ever, because he spent a lot of time thinking about it.
This is one of my mosaic panels that was custom made for some friends in 2007. I think it measures about 5 feet across and about 2 feet high. There are lots of handcut tiles in there, mirror, glass beads, pebble rock, and paint. I love how it turned out.
Don't forget to enter my contest here. I'll be drawing a name Monday morning. Have an awesome weekend!

3 comments:

lori vliegen said...

your mosaics are wonderful! isn't that fun to look back on our previous works?! and the father/daughter custom piece is so sweet! :)

sara said...

LOVE IT!!!! That mirror is BEAUTIFUL!

Anonymous said...

Hey Folks

I found an SWEET site last night when I was surfing with my boyfriend. Check out this [url=http://www.girlsteachguys.com/PlayVideo.aspx?LiveClip=54][b] Sex Positions [/b][/url] Video I found there.

Hope this helps folks here wanting to try something new… LOL

Enjoy

Melissa