PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Brrrrrrrrrr....

Can you say freezing? We're not snowed under, but it's 30 degrees here in Central Florida. Which means hats, and gloves, and lots of layers. I wish there was snow to go with it!

I've been working on lots of goodies for my etsy shop. I found these 4 x4 " frames and I've been filling them with the She Said series. I'll let you know as soon as I update the shop.

These are some beautiful magnets I'm having made. They measure 2 1/2 x 2 1/2" and have a nice quarter inch acrylic base. They are heavy duty and very well made. They will be in the shop update too!

Side view of the magnets...
A new painting just for mommy's. It measures 12 x 12 and is handpainted on scrapwood. I used a beautiful scrapbooking paper for the flowers.


And some "bling"...It is sealed with a glossy varnish and ready to hang!
I want to share with you one of my favorite poems. I've always loved poetry and this poem comes from one of my favorite books: Claiming the Spirit Within.
I Stop Writing the Poem
to fold the clothes. No matter who lives
or who dies, I'm still a woman.
I'll always have plenty to do.
I bring the arms of his shirt
together. Nothing can stop
our tenderness. I'll get back
to the poem. I'll get back to being
a woman. But for now
there's a shirt, a giant shirt
in my hands, and somewhere a small girl
standing next to her mother
watching to see how it's done.
- Tess Gallagher

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice poem. :)
I like your new blog design...and those super cute magnets!

lori vliegen said...

hi chrissie! yes, it's cold here in florida...but that sweet little man wearing that cute blue hat will sure warm your heart! thanks for stopping by my blog! your blog is really fun and i love your colorful artwork! :)

sara said...

Love the poem and your art as always!